LONDON LIFE

LONDON LIFE

intro

intro

Monday 7 November 2016

JEFF KOONS | NOW


JEFF KOONS | NOW

This exhibition took place in Newport Street Gallery. I found the exhibition had quite a meditative feel to it in terms of the layout. Everything around me had been painted white, which made your mind feel clean and relaxed however it was a clever technique as it drew all attention to the artwork.
The fact that everything around you was so plain and white exaggerated the fact that the artwork was so vibrant, peculiar, exciting and interesting.
The exhibition featured artwork that had a been made to look as if they were inflatable but in fact were actually made out of solid metal, then painted.


These were the pieces that stayed in my mind the most because of how incredibly well Jeff Koons had pulled the effect off. If I were to look at these pictures a thousand times I would still think they were balloons.
Below are some more pictures from the exhibition.